Natural hair can be a challenge at times. Whether you are a seasoned veteran or a new natural, here are10 hacks you can use the next time your hair gives you a hard time. Some of these tips are common knowledge, while others are life hacks you never thought of.
2. Wash upwards and outwards to avoid knots.
3. Use T-Shirts Instead Of Towels: To make sure you are keeping the moisture in your hair that you fought so hard to lock in, make sure you use a t-shirt instead of a towel. Using a towel negates the moisture you’ve just added and no one wants to work in vain. Instead use an old t-shirt and be fabulously moisturized for days.
5. Detangle Your Hair From End To Root. It’s best practice and most beneficial to your hair to detangle from the bottom up. Using a wide tooth come gently start from the ends and work your way to the roots.
6. Wash and style you hair in sections so that it is not overwhelming. Detangle your hair under running water with loads of conditioner. The weight of the water and the slip of the conditioner will make detangling much easier.
8. Make sure your hair is COMPLETELY dry before you take out your braids.
9. Want more defined twists? The wetter the hair, the more definition — and tighter the curl.