The CEO of BlackNBold Fashion House, Abiola Orimolade said, (according to him) “The Emerging Designers in Nigeria Series is aimed at promoting and encouraging entrepreneurship in the Nigeria fashion industry, the is highly profitable and we believe strongly that this industry can be a major solution to unemployment in Nigeria if properly explored.”
This year the Emerging Designers in Nigeria series will be focusing on 20 most outstanding new entrants into the Nigerian Fashion Industry. A way BlackNBold Fashion House and the supporting media companies believe will
be an appropriate platform to encouraging fashion entrepreneurship in the country.
Interested Designers who feel they have all it takes to make the top 20 list should send in their entries with the following:
• 5 High resolution pictures of previous Designs/Sketches.
• Why Fashion Designing?
• Fashion Shows attended, print and online platforms where designs have been featured?
• Major challenges faced so far and how they were tackled?
• Major achievements so far in the Nigerian Fashion Industry?
• What inspires your Designs?
A panel of judges will sit on all entries, while the top 20 most inspiring and outstanding entries will be featured on our supporting media platforms. The top 5 Designers will be interviewed on Surprise Fm UK and Naija 101.1 Fm
Deadline to submit entries is 20th July, 2014.
Source: BlackNBold Fashion House