Most institutions are now putting laws in place to control fashion extremist within their campuses in other to control all forms of harassment and being used as a secret identity code among the students.
In February 2015, the management of Lagos State University introduced a new dress code that banned the students from wearing a wide range of fashion choices within the school premises.
Some students find these rules funny but rules are rules and the management expects all students to obey these codes.
This generated some sort of fuss as many argued that the ban has nothing to do with academic performance.
Here are the 10 fashion items the University prohibits its students from wearing as stated in the dress code.
- Tattered, Dirty Jeans with holes and obscene or subliminal messages
- T-Shirts and Tops with obscene, obnoxious or seductive inscription.
- Face caps or complete covering of Face
- Wearing of nose ring, very big dropping ear rings
- Farmer’s shorts, Knickers, Tight Short
- Lousy, unnatural/artificial hair attachment beyond shoulder length.
- Wearing of bogus distractive knocking shoes like stiletto to lectures and the library.
- Shirts without buttons
- Tight fittings e.g Leggings, Hipster, Patra, and Lacra that reveals body shape and contours of the body.
- Transparent dresses