The texture of your skin changes as you grow older. Therefore, you need to have a step-by-step skincare regimen before bedtime. Developing a proper skincare routine with the right products will help your skin age gracefully. However, you must start early. You should have a night skincare routine when you are young, around 14 years old. This is because the skin becomes prone to breakouts or experiences dryness due to puberty in the adolescent years. However, it’s never too late to start. Here are some night time beauty routine tips for beginners.
Finding Out Your Skin Type
You cannot establish a bedtime skin care routine without knowing your skin type. To find out what skin type you have, here are some steps you can follow:
- Clean your face with a mild cleanser and pat your skin dry with a clean towel. Leave your face bare for half an hour.
- After half an hour, observe your skin.
- If there’s tightness, you have dry skin
- If you have shiny cheeks, forehead, and nose – you have oily skin
- If there’s no dryness or shine, you have the normal skin type
- If you have a shiny nose and forehead, you have a combination of oily and normal skin
Easy Skin Care Steps Before Bedtime
With so many products in the market, you easily get overwhelmed. The truth is that the right product depends on your skin type and lifestyle. Therefore, one’s skincare regimen is different from the others. For someone who is starting, you only need simple products:
A gentle cleanser or a Skin Regimen Cleansing Cream is your best friend as you need to unclog your pores. This is especially important when you have an oily skin type as it’s prone to pimples and, in severe cases, acne. It’s essential to set time for cleansing your face with warm water if you can. Warm water opens the pores of your skin and helps to get rid of the dirt and excess oil.
Toners are best after cleansers to help the skin absorb toning acids and antioxidants. Plus, using a toner with cotton pads can help remove the leftover dirt. However, if you have good skin you can skip the use of toners. This is because cleansers have the kind of formulation that has a better balance than toners.
There are many types of serums. Some give a healthy glow to the skin, while others have anti-aging properties. Serums have the kind of formulation that the skin needs. So, the serum must sink deep into the layers for the treatment to work before you top it off with a moisturizer.
All skin types need moisturizers to hydrate the skin – even oily ones! When there’s not enough moisture, the skin produces more oil. There are also many types of moisturizers. Choose the one that’s suitable for your skin type. You’re sure to get a softer and healthier glow if you use the right moisturizer after applying the serum.
Everyday cleansing or toning isn’t enough. Exfoliation removes dead skin cells that block pores. These exfoliants are usually suitable for once-a-week usage. Use a gentle facial cleansing brush made of soft nylon bristles or silicone to remove the dead skin.
More Tips To A Better Nightly Routine
It’s not just your skin that should take your focus. The rest of you needs pampering as well. The following practices can also help you wake up feeling refreshed in the morning and can contribute to your mental and physical state.
- Take a warm bath or shower before your skincare routine. It’s essential for destressing.
- Use a hair mask for overnight treatment of your locks for manageable hair in the morning.
- Sleep on silk sheets as they are cooler than cotton. Silk fabric is also slippery, so your hair slides on the surface instead of being pulled. Plus, the softness will help calm your skin.
- Use an oil diffuser and any scent that’s mild and calming, like a lavender essential oil diffuser.
- Pregnant ladies will appreciate pillows that help alleviate muscle pain.
- Hydrate your skin and clean your gut by drinking plenty of water.
A great skincare routine with other nightly habits will help you sleep better. Beauty is not just what one sees on the skin, but also about practicing healthy habits that relax you after a long day. Such routines are important for your overall well-being. Healthy habits make healthy and glowing skin and contribute to your natural beauty. With the tips above, a beginner can create a suitable nighttime routine to enhance beauty and happiness.